Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why The Importance of Fire Fighting?

Mostly everyone knows of what a fire fighter is most recognized by, and that is by their bravery. They are the ones who run into a fire while everyone else is running out. The fire fighter shows no fear and only cares about getting everyone out and extinguishing the fire. Although people may know what they stand for, but they don’t really know how they came to be a fire fighter. Fire fighters have intrigued me ever since I was a child, and as a child, I told myself that I would become a fire fighter so that I may save lives. I joined the Navy right after high school, while speaking with the recruiter, I told him that I wanted to become a fire fighter. Soon after boot camp I was sent to Pensacola, Florida for the Crash and Salvage school, there I learned and trained on how to become a fire fighter. Four years went by and I was ready to put my knowledge to work in the civilian world, as it would turn out, the type of qualifications don’t meet the standard for the state of Texas.

This is the reason why I am attending TCC; I am working on enrolling into the Fire Academy this fall. I will be going over what it takes to become qualified and also the history of the fire fighter. Hopefully this knowledge will help you understand where they come from and how they got there.




No comments:

Post a Comment